Part Time Shop Assistant
Who we are:
The Museum at Campbell River is an award winning, regional history museum sharing the stories of the peoples of Northern Vancouver Island. The Museum is a non-profit organization with a mission “to collect, preserve and interpret the human history of our area”.
We view the Museum as a community gathering space. A place that we can come together to share, connect, explore and learn the diverse history of our region.
We respectfully acknowledge the Liǧʷiɫdax̌ʷ First Nation, on whose unceded traditional lands we work to preserve, interpret and share the collective human history of North Vancouver Island.
The Liǧʷiɫdax̌ʷ First Nation is comprised of the We Wai Kai, Wei Wai Kum and Kwiakah First Nations. Our closest neighbors are the Coast Salish Xwemalhkwu, Klahoose and K’ómoks First Nations. These nations have close connections to the land where Campbell River is located today.
We are currently recruiting part time, experienced retail staff to join our team at Museum at Campbell River.
The ideal candidate will have:
– a passion for customer service and be professional in our environment
– experience in retail preferred but training will be provided for the right candidate
– be an excellent team player
- Opening and closing of the shop
- Receiving, unpacking, and arranging new shipments from suppliers.
- Arranging and labeling goods for display.
- Assisting customers in finding the products they are looking for.
- Developing knowledge of the products that are in the shop and making recommendations to customers.
- Following systems and procedures including dress code, customer service standards, safety regulations, and other precautions and requirements.
- Processing customer payments at the checkout point.
- Collaborate with other team members and volunteers.
Rate of Pay: $16.75/per hour
Hours: 15 hours per week. You will be working 2 consecutive days per week with flexibility to cover extra shifts at times.
How to Apply: Please drop off or email your application, including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Shop Assistant. Thank you for your interest, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.