Sunday, September 24 from 11am to 3pm
Join us on the banks of the Campbell River on September 24 for a gathering that celebrates community with live music, local artisans, family-friend free activities and delicious eats.
This unique festival offers visitors a chance to:
- Learn something through onsite workshops and presentations or talking to the many community groups that attend;
- Try something new from fly casting to games
- Recognize the many outstanding individuals being recognized with the City of Campbell River Stewardship Awards;
- Shop for quality hand-made items from local artisans. Everything at the festival is made or grown by the seller.
- Sit back and take in the gardens while listening to live music
The festival runs from 11:00am to 3:00pm and is free for the public to attend.
Haig-Brown House at 2250 Campbell River Road, Campbell River, BC
Schedule & Features
10:00am – Mindfulness & the Creative Life Workshop (Free with pre-registration)
11:00am – Festival opens; artisan market, live music with the Awakeneers; fly casting & tying demos; kids craft station
11:30am – Guided botanical walk with local plant expert Chuck De Sorcy, paired with Lik’wala language plant ID cards. Meet at the Greenways Tent.
12:30pm – Readings from the works of Roderick Haig-Brown with Neil Cameron. Meet in the study of the house.
1:00pm – Nicole Berns aka Wild Wellbeing demonstrating some local natural health, with tincture making. At the Wild Wellbeing tent.
1:15pm – Readings from the works of Roderick Haig-Brown with Neil Cameron. Meet in the study of the house.
1:30pm – Stewardship Awards presentation by the City of Campbell River on the main stage.
Art + Earth Initiative
Elements of this festival include the Art+Earth initiative, a project of the Campbell River Arts Council. We are grateful for this partnership in offering unique and enriching experiences.