Who we are:
Located on the traditional lands of the Liǧʷiɫdax̌ʷ First Nation the Museum at Campbell River is an award-winning, regional history museum sharing the stories of the peoples of Northern Vancouver Island. The Museum is a non-profit organization with a mission “to collect, preserve and interpret the human history of our area”.
We view the Museum as a community gathering space. A place that we can come together to share, connect, explore and learn the diverse history of our region.
Interested in being a part of Museum? We are currently seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to join our creative team.
You will be joining a team of enthusiastic and passionate individuals who work closely together in a supported team environment. This position is ideal for a detail-oriented, motivated individual with proven experience in administration and interpersonal skills.
This role is a great opportunity to be a part of one of Campbell River’s premier cultural attractions.
Who are we looking for?
The Executive Assistant is a vital member of the Museum’s management team and is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties, many of which are confidential. This position provides overall support throughout the organization and oversees the smooth operations of visitor services at the Museum.
What are the hours and benefits?
After a 3-month probationary period, benefits include:
- Pro-rated Sick Leave of 12 days and 3 personal days annually
- Staff discount in the Museum shop
- Professional development opportunities as applicable
Rate of Pay: $20.00 – $21.50 depending on experience
Hours: 16 hours, Tuesday to Friday 9am to 1pm, flexible hours required
Reporting to the Executive Director the Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
- Provides administration and financial support at an Executive level.
- Develops and/or maintains all financial, personnel, policy and organizational files with efficient record management systems and office procedures.
- Responsible for prepping for meetings and presentations including taking minutes and other related tasks as required.
- Drafts and prepares agendas, minutes, correspondence, reports and documents for the Executive Director and management.
- Ensures corporate and individual donations are processed, including the preparation of donation thank-you letters, and that they are properly documented in a timely manner.
- Oversees the management of day-to-day operations of all office equipment and supplies, including establishing new procedures when required.
- Supports the Executive Director in the preparation of grant applications and fundraising sponsorship packages as needed.
- Edits and proofreads correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material.
- Shares responsibilities to coordinate patron events and receptions.
- Responsible for arranging travel schedules including conference registration and reservations for the Executive Director and other staff as required.
- Assists with the recruitment and on-boarding of new personnel including maintaining personnel files.
- Works with the Executive Director and Accounting Technician to facilitate the yearly financial audit.
- Other tasks as required.
- Coordinates Board Meetings and AGM including working with the Executive Director to compile and disseminate monthly reports and confirmation of attendance at meetings.
- Attends Board Meetings to take the minutes and prepares minutes for signature.
- Oversees Visitor Services operations including oversight of staffing schedule and reception functions.
- Works with Visitor Services staff to coordinate overall volunteer management including recruitment and recognition.
- Ability to process sensitive information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within deadlines and to prioritize workload.
- Advanced computer and Microsoft Office Suite Skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- High School diploma and completion of additional certification/diploma in office administration preferred.
- At least 3 years of related experience at a senior level of administration.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Power Point and Outlook.
- Interest and knowledge of regional history is an asset.
How to Apply:
This is a permanent part-time position that works 16 hours per week. Please drop off or e-mail your application, including a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Executive Assistant Application. This position is open until filled.
Thank you for your interest. Only those-shortlisted will be contacted.