We need a creative thinker to help us shine!
We are seeking a creative thinker to coordinate a wide range of marketing and communication initiatives, over a range of platforms, to promote the Museum at Campbell River.
The Museum at Campbell River is the largest regional museum on Northern Vancouver Island with a mission “to collect, preserve and interpret the human history of our area”. We view the Museum as a community gathering space. A place that we can come together to share, connect, explore and learn the diverse history of our region.
This position is responsible for maintaining a consistent brand across a wide range of marketing channels, including the website, social media and print media. The Promotions Coordinator will generate and coordinate content on various platforms including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. They will consistently monitor channels to interact and engage with our various stakeholders and communities.
The candidate will also be responsible for distributing information about Museum exhibits and events to print and online publications, outlets and to Museum Members.
This role is a great opportunity to be a part of one of Campbell River’s premier cultural attractions.
Title: Promotions Coordinator Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Promotion Coordinator’s key duties include the development of reliable and effective communication, promotional materials and marketing material to support museum activities.
- Achieves and maintains consistent brand images and messages – maintains brand consistency across a range of marketing channels, including the website and social media.
- Writes promotional material, articles, news releases, directory listings, designs and formats publications, ads, signage, posters and flyers to support promotional requirements and strategies.
- Coordinates promotional activities for all Museum Departments and works closely with Public Program Manager to ensure timely promotion of museum events and activities.
- Responsible for managing the Museum’s social media presence including maintenance of the website.
- Remains current on best practices for digital marketing.
- Responds to general media requests for information and/or images and fielding interview requests to the appropriate staff member.
- Remains current on Campbell River’s destination marketing activities.
- Edits and produces the Museum’s newsletter Musings. Including planning and writing newsletter content and all aspects of production from layout to distribution.
- Produces the Annual Report, gathering statistics and updating with staff assistance, as well as design and printing the report.
- Assist with visitor services and information as required.
- Assist with patron events, meetings and receptions or other duties as required.
- Prepare sponsorship requirement/packages as required to support fundraising activities.
- Edits and proofreads staff communications as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Desired Software Skills: Microsoft Office, WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva.
- Possess high literacy and creativity with excellent business and promotional writing skills.
- Able to meet deadlines, often on short notice.
- Well organized, multi-tasker and can prioritize.
- Above average attention to detail and able to process information accurately.
- Has effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Comfortable with community networking with particular emphasis on tourism organizations and joint promotional opportunities.
- Comfortable with public speaking and being on camera.
- Outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Post-secondary diploma or higher in related field such as Communications, General Arts, English, Journalism.
Desirable but not essential attributes include:
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector, within the arts and culture community.
- Knowledge or interest in the history of the Northern Vancouver Island region.
Hours of Work: Tuesday to Friday, 9:00am – 3:30pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch break (24 hours/week); some evenings/weekend hours required.
Wage: $18.00 to $20.50 depending on experience
Upon completion of a probationary period this position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Extended Health
- Paid Sick Time & Personal Days
- Museum Shop Discount
How to Apply
The Museum at Campbell River is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please drop off or e-mail your application including a cover letter to email@example.com by 5:00pm September 5th with the subject line: Promotions Coordinator.